Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weighing Options

I started therapy and I have two options now:

Option 1) I don't like her at all. In fact she bugs me and our sessions are very boring. She ended today's session say that we made great progress and it was very eventful. Wha? What session was she in? I was falling asleep wondering if her chunky and funky sweater was a poly-blend. Anyway, I could keep going for 8 more sessions that is required by school, being completely and utterly bored and unproductive the whole time, whilst wasting my time and hers. The reason for this: I can't bring myself to break it off with her. It is like a bad break-up...what do you say? I don't know how to tell her because anyway I put it, it just ends up being her that doesn't fit. I might have to suffer through the sessions to spare her feelings and my awkwardness.

OR

Option 2) Tell her it's over and start seeing a great therapist who really listens and knows what NKOTB is! But, in order to get to this option, I must say I don't like her or something of that sort. Ugh!!! Therapy is hard Barbie!

What to do, oh what to do?

3 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Quit her. Use the classic break up line - "It's not you, it's me." "You're great - but I'm just not ready." Use psycho-babble that you know she'd resonate with. Such as "I'm blocked" or perhaps "I just don't know what I want right now."

Don't waste this opportunity is my opinion.

Lori Emmerton said...

put yourself in her shoes, as you will be wearing them some day...wouldn't you like to be told if the match wasn't a good fit? You can find one that does fit. Try again.

The Wife said...

you had me at poly-blend sweater. leave. run, don't walk. find someone new. this is your chance--don't waste it.