Monday, August 16, 2010

Special Birthday Guest

It's Dave's 26th birthday, so we are writing this together, you know, a "featured" guest!

Dave's highlights of the night:

1) Tay says, "Oh boy, I had a glass and a half and I'm a bit buzzed. We don't go out enough."

2)Watching a girl eating next to us with her super hot boyfriend and she is eating NOTHING. Seriously, nothing. He is eating steak and all sorts of other stuff and she is picking at his food and pushing her food around her plate. She eats the smallest salad, so we start talking for her and making up their conversation. Example:

Skinny Bitch: "Oh I am just ate so much, I am stuffed.
Hot Boy: "I am so glad you don't eat very much because I like my ladies lookin' like bones"
Skinny Bitch: "I look like bones?! Gee, thanks:)"

3) When we assume the guy next to us is cheating on his wife and brought a weird and loud mistress instead. Actually, they were doctor friends out for his birthday. We are assholes.

Tay's higlights of the night:

1) Dave says about our relationship: "We are like old news, you know. Old news, but good news like a baby panda being born." or "We are like a 'Friends' re-run. Unexpected, but so great once you really get into it and they leave you wanting more and more. A classic really."

2) Watching Dave resist the urge to mimic accents of those around him....it's really funny to watch.

3) Driving home, holding hands, windows down and "Hurt so Good" being sung so loud that it sounds like we are screaming.

Concluding quotes:

Dave:
"Tay, don't look at that guys with the 2 black eyes, he might start a fight."
"Oh God, even we were that young we never made out like that in front of our parents. Morgan, yes, parents, no."

Tay:
"I have celebrated your birthday 6 times now and every year I cannot imagine celebrating your next without us being as happy as we were the year before. You make me think of the year to come in a uplifting and anxious kind of way. How exciting that you let me spend this 26th year with you."

Happy Birthday Dave!

3 comments:

Lori Emmerton said...

I assume you went to your favorite birthday venue????

Glad both of you enjoyed the celebration.

Sheri Nugent said...

How cute was this!?! I love that you had a guest blogger. The way the pair of you captured the essence of the evening... I could see it like a movie. Excellent!

Emily said...

You guys are FOR SURE like a "Friends" episode. Fabulous, smart, comfortable in a witty way and something you never want to miss.
Happy Birthday, D!
And Tay, you rule.