Friday, November 20, 2009

End of the Week Thoughts

Saw New Moon last night with two of my best girls and it was great! A bit cheesy at times, but you all know how I love a teen movie. Interestingly enough, New Moon was my least favorite book of the series, but I really enjoyed the film! While at the movies I managed to burn my pant leg and loose my new Lululemon headband. Really?

Our laptop had a rough week when it decided to break down and have a hard drive crisis. After much unnecessary time at Apple, we called to see what the trouble was and apparently they felt like being angels that day because they were giving us a free, upgraded hard drive and free installation! I was a bit suspicious, so when Dave picked it up he asked, "Why for free?" They said hardly anything acting very archaic, but when and he looked at the receipt it had 3 repairs on it. He inquired again, and they explained that they broke the keyboard, mouse pad, and face plate when trying to access the hard drive. Oopps! Either way, we are very lucky because it would have been $500 and it was free:)

Went shopping yesterday to find a cute Christmas party top and my search started at Free People, one of my most favorite stores to find unique and funky stuff. I don't know if I have been poor for too long, gained weight, or out-grown them, but nothing struck my fancy and I didn't even appreciate the pushy, size -0, overly styled, commission-fevered, pseudo-models coming at me from every direction. I immediately left and went to my happy place, J. Crew. I found just what I was looking for in exactly 47 seconds and left on my merry way. I must be growing up:)

Dave and I have been having too much fun spraying this liquid cat nip all over our living room and watching the Animal Planet episode that follows. I feel like the kitties are expecting it now and I can just imagine their thoughts, "Okay, they finished dinner and after dishes you know they are gonna get the sprayer out. How ridiculous are they treating us like we are mud wrestlers and cheering us on. Get a life humans!" Although I agree completely, they are so cute and Fluff is getting really assertive.

Went to a jeweler yesterday to take in Grammy's ring. It's a beautiful ring including 2 round peridot stones stacked vertically. They are in a very old setting and I think it was either Grammy's, or older because the band is HUGE. I know she had large fingers like I do, but I remember Mom and Annie saying that our great-grandmother had incredibly large hands and this ring had a larger band than Grammy's other rings. Oh well, that's not the point. The band had snapped and it was really dirty, so I got it repaired and cleaned! I just love it:)

It has been a prep for the holidays week for me. I got a new round of Christmas CD's from Costco, and this might be my best purchase of holiday music to date. Also, I got my fall/Thanksgiving decorations out, I finished all 60 of my Christmas cards, wrapped all of my presents, and I'm finishing up details of my Christmas craft! I love that it wont be chaos before Christmas trying to get it all done!

I finally made my first purchase with Grammy's money. My new Canon camera is in the mail as I write and I couldn't be more excited to take some photos with my Grammy. When we cleared out her house, she had boxes, upon boxes, of photos. She kept every photo, every card, ever program from piano to graduations, I mean E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. It made me feel so loved and so special that I vowed that I would start to take pictures and save the important things that require saving. For instance, maybe I would get rid of the jeans that I fit into during high school and give up the dream of revisiting them and replace the space they are taking up with say, Mr and Mrs. Smith's wedding photos, Grammy's box of treasures, etc. Get my point?

I talked to my internship site and I start January 11th! I am beyond thrilled and I cant wait to be a part of something bigger and learning via practical application. I will finally have clients, and cannot express in words what that means to me. I can finally help in the best way I know how.

Loose-ends: I have pimple on above my lip that makes me want to drink heavily to ease the pain, I'm not, but I want to, I only have 3 more weeks of class and I can hardly contain myself, I get to see Annie this next week, I deiced to stop biting my finger nails last week and they look pretty good, I have seen SO many ads for great Christmas movies and I'm pretty jazzed pick our holiday show this week, and I got a new candle that I love and want to keep burning all day long!

Have a great weekend to all and a special shout out to EP, as always, but especially now, you and your Mamma are in my thoughts. Positive vibes are being sent your way...

6 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Fantastic update!! I can't wait to see you. How did you burn your pants at the movies?

Taylor said...

Beats me!

Sheri Nugent said...

Maybe because RPAT is SO HOT!

Lori Emmerton said...

Love the way you have made me laugh and cry all in one blog! Grammy is going to love that you and Morgan are getting amazing cameras and documenting our lives.

I want some of the spray...can you see Abner and Chloe at this. Can you bring it over for Thanksgiving?

Emily said...

Oh, and I saw the movie yesterday. I didn't care for new moon that much either but really liked the movie!

Emily said...

Thanks for the shoutout lovey. We'll soldier on. Just need to do something about my anger. I'm perma furrowed brow.

Before I forget, I'm putting "Flat Hadley" in the mail to you today. There are instructions but you basically document a week with Flat Hadley and take a few pics. THANK YOU for doing it. Hadley is excited you'll have the paper version of her.

LOVE YOU! And while I have the four of you captive, I use the cozy blanket you gave me EVERY DAY. I love it and it makes me think of all of you.
XO