Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Neighborhood Stud: Dylan





When I first arrived in CO, Miss Joan was all sorts of excited about the following day when I would finally meet Dylan. I was all sorts of excited and thought I might meet a Dillon McKay look-a-like in style and attitude. He did not disappoint!
He and Miss Joan are so cute together. They both ohhh and ahhhh about bugs and their reptiles. She does the vary, scary, slip-n-slide without encouragement, she talks about her potentially new pet, Dragon, the leopard gecko, and she
talks fluent boy but adds her trendy, unique, flare that make her very worthy of admiration.

A few days later, we got back from a fun adventure, and Miss Joan noticed that there was a note in the mail box with her name on it. She came in wiggling with excitement and shining. "Look!!!! It's from Dylan!" We all gathered around the table and she squealed, "It's code!!! It's code!!! I have to look in the mirror to reveal the message!" As we all gathered around the mirror in the bathroom, and read his message in crooked and backwards letters:

"Hadley, You are specert! Love, Dylan"

Hmmmm????

After were all trying to figure this out, Miss Joan decided she was going to ask him and she marched right over to his house, right then. That's right my little go-getter!!!!!

About 5 minutes later, Miss Joan comes back through the door beaming!

Miss Joan: He likes me!!!!
Me: What happened?
Miss Joan: I went into their house, 'cause the dogs were going to get out, and we talked. His mom was in the kitchen and I asked him what the letter was supposed to say because I couldn't figure it out.
Me: Yeah, what else?
Miss Joan: He said that the letter said I was special and that he liked playing with me.
Me: WOW, that's so exciting!
Miss Joan: And, he told me not to tell any of the other boys in the neighborhood. Do you think he likes me a lot? Because I had a crush on him so it worked out, right?
Me: I think you are such a likable girl and I am glad to see you happy!

Isn't that the cutest thing you have ever heard of? Milk-box, neighborhood love!!!!! Dylan is adorable and she was so cute about all of this:) Sweet Miss Joan...

1 comment:

Emily said...

LOVE that you blogged about this. I'm going to send it to his mama. (It's spelled Dylan, btw) He really is the greatest kid.

Your pictures are so awesome, I can't take it.