Monday, June 14, 2010

The Zoo, Denver Style


On day one, we went to the zoo. HA! This is funny because I had no idea where the hell I was. Literally, I had to googlemap my way around everywhere. Miss Joan and Finny would let out a little giggle as I would turn around in some random neighborhood as I "missed the turn" over and over again. Their patience was brilliant!

So, we got up, early, really early, 7am early. Finny seemed to be doing the body wang he was so excited and Miss Joan was all, "OMG, I can't wait for the zoo," and "OMG, we are going to make a homemade doll," and finally, "can we get my gecko while my parents are in New Orleans?" I of course said yes to the final request and the gecko, named Dragon, is currently living under the sofa...sorry EP.

Joking. Really.

Anyway, we print out directions and head outside. For the love of Christ, it was 97 degrees out and I felt like I was standing on the sun. No kidding, flesh was melting off of me. But, we pushed on, in air conditioning, and went to the zoo.

For the first 2 hours, we were good to go. I brought TONS of snacks in order to appease my master, Finny, when he beckons, "TAY, SNACK!" If it was any other kids or if it was an ugly kid, I would say a big HELL NO, GET YOUR OWN SNACK KID!, but alas, he is neither, so I was his lady-servant.

After these hours, we all needed new clothes because our current clothes were sweaty sponges. We sat in a patch of shady grass, Finny laying in my lap sans shoes and shirt, and Miss Joan showing both Finny and I up by proclaiming, "It's really not that hot you guys. Let go look at the gorillas. By the way, can we run, I don't think I'm hot enough!" Finny and I decide he needs a wagon, stat, and we all needed ice cream.

Thus, now with a wagon, fully cooled with water and Dots ice cream, we continued in the loveliness called the Denver Zoo. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and it was fun seeing downtown Denver with two of my favorite people.

Unfortunatly, I couldn't fit my camera in with all the snack
I was required to bring, so I have no photos. What you will see below, are some photos taken before EP and PP left for New Orleans. As every trip requires a fashion show, Finny and Miss Joan fulfilled their duty well!

No comments: