Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids I Don't Like.

The top 5 characteristics I do NOT like in children (and often adults) 5 years old and above:

1)  Those without any manners. Really people how hard is it to teach your kid to say please and thank you. Additionally, a child should NEVER interrupt unless there is an emergency including any of the following: blood, broken bone, big foot or a natural disaster. Otherwise you say excuse me and if you are not acknowledged, wait or move on.

2) Children who talk to you in an awkward and annoying voice that is not like their real voice in any way. Doing this reminds me that you are a child and that you are in fact SO immature that you cannot handle talking to those around you. If you so choose to speak in any other tone of voice than your natural voice, I advise you to not speak at all.

3) Cry-babies. Children that insist on crying over every last thing drives me nuts. Parents: teach your kids to grow a backbone. I guarantee that having their Lego wheel taken away will not compare to when they are caught boozing in high school, or being hazed in college, or when they realize that they have to pay back all of their college loans. You are setting them up for constant and forever failure. Do them a favor, teach them to suck it up.

4) Tattle-Tails. Not just telling on their friends because they legitimately got smacked in the face, but the consistent telling of insignificant facts. Example: Child A tells on child B because child C took child B's marker. WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!!! Really? Why does this matter? My only response other than the statement above that doesn't seem to play over well with parents is, worry about you. I can't stand this kid, and I encourage them to smack their faces into windows.

5) Finally, the kid that never listens. I hate to repeat myself 5 times let alone 50 times. Some kids require 2-4 times of reminders, but after that, you are out of chances my little friends. Why can't parents be consistent with their kids so that when they are in the care of others, their lack of parenting doesn't make others feel the urge to lock them in little rooms? I despise this trait in kids because they grow up from little shits to big shits that everyone else has to deal with because their parents thought it would be "fun" to have kids even when they had no idea how to raise them.

On a separate list, I despise stupid parents almost more than I despise stupid children. Parents, listen up! Treat your kids respectfully and they will do the same to you. Expect manners and listening. If they don't listen to that, don't be scared to parent them and force results. I am not implying any sort of physical parenting whatsoever, it is not necessary, in fact it doesn't work, but get involved, PARENT THEM. They don't know how to be little people on their own. They are begging you to show them how to be and you MUST guide them for the sake of all of us bystanders!!

P.S. Work was hard today.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

So true - that cracked me up. You are such a great blogger!