Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Raising Will

While packing for the upcoming sisterly nuptials, I was petting my ever-curious suitcase kitties and noticed that Fluffy had his first mat since being shaved. After I finished selecting my weekend Hanky Panky, I got my Furrminator out and brushed away. After 4 fists of hair and plenty of non-threatening growing from the Fluff, we were done and I put him on the ground with his brother. Cue Will's transformation from cutie to a combo of Ted Bundy and Charles Manson. He acted like he had never met Fluff before and promptly started to growl and bite Fluffy on the back. Dave told Will to knock it off and, I kid you not, Ted/Charles (Will) looked at him, pulled his ears back and smacked Fluffy in the face while looking unblinkingly at Dave. YIKES!!! I let them hash it out a bit to see what was up, and wouldn't you know, my Fluffy does have a brain. It was like a light clicked and he was like, "WTF man. BACK OFF ME!!! My mom just tore the living hell out of my fur and I don't need your bull shit right now." He smacked Will right back and hard. He stood up on his little hind legs and just like the Kitty Chow commercial, he let Will have it. He was boxing with Will's whiskers and watching this power shift moment was quite thrilling. Will had NO idea that Fluffy had it in him!! WAY TO GO FLUFF!!!! I loved every minute of it, until Fluffy started to back up and cower under the coffee table. Show was over for Fluff. Meanwhile, Helter-Skelter had puffy tail, Halloween back, and sound like some kind of safari animal. I backed him away from Fluff and tried to calm him and again, right before my eyes, he transitioned into a loving and adorable cat again. What is wrong with him you ask? I'm not positive, but it feels a bit like raising a serial killer.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Oh dear... if he starts torturing small children, you'll know he a sociopath, right?

Lori Emmerton said...

I LOVE THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE THESE CRAZY STORIES...MAYBE THIS REALLY IS YOUR LIFE CALLING YOU...WRITING?