Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Moment


Morgan wanted me to comment on what I remember as my moment from her wedding, this is it. When I turned and walked down the isle with Seth I just about lost it. Us girls had been in sequester since the morning and hadn't seen the transformation that the barrel room had experienced...I was overwhelmed. The day had finally come. Our year of wedding was commencing and I was going to watch my sister REALLY leave our nest and make her own nest with Tyler. I started to cry. Just when I got situated into my spot at the front, Judge asked everyone to rise. I got a bit confused and frustrated for that moment because they (the guests) were blocking my view. As she came into focus, my heart melted. My sister, my big sister, was walking towards her future. I tried to stifle my sobs so that no one would think I was too obnoxious, but I gave up. Then, she looked at me. It was but a glance but it was a look I have seen thousands of times. This look is the equivalent of her asking, "Do I look alright?" I cried harder and she smiled. The ceremony went on and I calmed myself down a bit and just as Judge announced my sister as someone new, she did it again. She went in to grab her bouquet from me and for a second the world stopped. Her eyes said it all. She knew. She knew how hard this was for me and how happy I was for her. Her eyes had understanding and bliss in them. I have never seen her like this before, but I am so glad she took a moment to let me into her happiness. And just like it came, the moment was gone and she was walking away. 

I don't mean to sound dramatic and of course these are all interpretations of how this all went down for me. For all I know Morgan might have been looking and hinting at something caught in my teeth, but for my moment that is what it meant to me. 


Most of the night was a blur of wine, music, and twinkling lights, but I will remember the way my sister looked, smiled, and laughed. These are the moments I will remember.




4 comments:

The Wife said...

I was looking at you. And not to see if there was something in your teeth.

Sheri Nugent said...

Ok - thanks for making me cry this morning.

Lori Emmerton said...

Nothing like having a good cry before 9am...just what I like with my coffee. I love you girls so much and so proud of the relationship you have with each other. Sisters are the best you can ever have.

Ivy Wilson said...

Taylor you have such a talent for articulating and appreciating those brief yet defining life moments.