Monday, November 17, 2008

It Could Happen

On December 4th we are going to see Augusten Burroughs, and I am elated. It is a Pierce College in Puyallup, and I have no idea what or where that is....and I don't care! It is a small venue for only 200 people. In my head, it will go like this...

No one comes to this because they forgot the day or something of that nature. Because of this, we are the only four in the audience. Augusten asks us to move to the front of the room to ask whatever we like. He decides that this is a dumb set up and asks us if we would like to have dinner with him, Cow, and his boyfriend. Of course we agree and have a splendid time and he is sad when the night is over. We all exchange phone numbers and Mom invites him over for Christmas. He says, "Of course!!!," and we all get together days later. This is the culmination of our budding friendships because he decides he loves us and Seattle so much that he is now moving to Seattle!!! Much to my surprise he loves Queen Anne and moves in down the street. Sheri moves up because Augusten begs her and we all live within 10 minutes of each other. I watch his dog when he is away, and we all make fun of everything together....really, it is bliss. Augusten then decided that he is going to employ me after grad school because he loves me so much. I love my job and he decides to have his great friend Haven Kimmel come over. Augusten is over the moon that she is visiting and meeting us and guess what? She loves us as well and relocates her whole family to join our new literary family! Much to everyone's surprise, including my own, Dave and I decided to get married. Augsten is overjoyed when I ask him to walk me down the aisle. He is a vital part of our family. Over the years Augusten and Haven have become our family and now join us in Christmas crafts and Sunday dinners.

This is what I envision for our new lives after December 4th. Is it likely? I think so....It could happen:)

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

That is so great! I love it. And then you and Dave have a baby and name it Baby Augusten. And I get really mad because I wanted to name my new schnauzer Augusten.. but then it's a girl schnauzer so I name her Augustine and we are fine after that. And then Augusten decides to buy all the condos in the Queen Anne high school building so we can ALL move in there!! And all because we were in the front row on Dec. 4th! Yea! I'm so excited!

It could definitely happen.

Taylor said...

And then we all assume his last name because Burroughs is far better than Emmerton, Nugent, Reuhl, or Smith. Great right! Taylor Burroughs has a lovely ring to it:)