Sunday, November 23, 2008

Smells Like Teen Spirit

Oh what a weekend! I have to go day by day just to explain the over abundant amount of chaos called my life. 

Friday:

With the brilliant help of my favorite people, we served 75 people Thanksgiving dinner with all the fixings! After, I went to Twilight with my seudo-sis-in-law and Kimmel:) I was SO excited and I must say, although their acting has not yet been perfected, the movie was smashing and I can't get enough of the series:)

Saturday:

Go to Barnes and Noble because Amazon.com hates me and apparently doesn't know what 3 day delivery means. My other Twilight books have not showed up so I went and purchased another....that's right I know have two of the same books. Anyway, the Power of 4 set off for Yakima to take Grammy out for lunch. Shortly after Mom gets in a car accident with a dumb-ass without insurance and registration, LOVE IT:( 

We get home, and Mrs. Smith and I hurry because we had to go see NKOTB! Yippee......We got down with 30 minutes to get ready and I must say, it was by far the best show I have ever been to, EVER. It was the first show that I knew all the fellow ladies were returning fans and the same age. All the other concerts I have been to included either a really old crowd or a really young crowd Finally, a crowd to be a part of. We met some lovely girls behind us that were a kick in the pants, made fun of a lot of crimped hair, side pony-tails a plenty, and lots of neon. We heard all the classics, Step-By-Step, Hang Tough, and The Right Stuff. I heart the early 90's!
Lots of drinks later, Mrs. Smith and I found ourselves in our hotels bar to finish the night off with some shots and fries...mmmmm!

PS Throughout the day I was reading New Moon (2nd book in Twilight series) and finished it within 24 hours, 550+pages and all!

Sunday:

Woke up to yummy continental breakfast and a day with my sister. 

In all, a successful weekend for sure. Every bit was too much and chaotic, but I soaked it up! No homework, work, or busy life to deal with...just teenage reading and a concert from my past!

Thanks for such a great weekend Mrs. Smith, it's in my top 5 for sure!

Shout out for Charles, feel better soon, and move in with my Mom already!

No comments: