Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

1. I am thankful this year to have the most delightful and supportive friends. These are the friends people, I, dreamed about. They are forever understanding, 3 of the most fun people EVER, and each person has their own individuality that is never compromised by the group. They are so comfortable with being them and I can't get enough time with them. Because they bring out the most fun and crazy person I am, I am so indebted to them this year. Thanks friends!

2. I am thankful for my family's places that they fall. In this economic crisis, I can't tell you have relieving it is to know that all of my favorite people have a safe and secure place to fall and with someone of their own. 

3. I am thankful for my suedo-sister-in-law. I couldn't have been more lucky to have found someone so lovely by chance. I understand when people are in anguish by their significant others family, but I am SO thankful for my Circus friend:) She is calm, normal, fun, reads everything that I do, even though I probably should leave some books to a younger age bracket, plays games all the time and I love that; people don't play enough games, she is always up for Thai or a call about anything and everything. I don't think you realize how appreciative I am of your company.

4. I am thankful for my cats. I know, I know, typical right, but let me tell you, they have a way of making even the most horrific day okay. The two of them were impulse purchases because I lost my beloved Frank, yet they have proved themselves worthy despite my irresponsible shopping habits. My dear Will, you are an asshole, but the best kind. You are the boyfriend everyone hates, but is a gem when no one is watching. You cringe at my touch and bat at my hand, until I pull a crinkly ball out and you play for hours. Once you have tired out, you meet me in bed and climb up my body and situate yourself right on my neck and drool for hours. You purr and purr insisting on more petting and snuggle for hours keeping me nice and warm. Thank you love, I see you for who you are. Now, Fluffy....or Mr. Darcy as I never call you by your real name. You are the light of my life. You are ALWAYS game for petting as you follow me loyally throughout the apartment day after day. Your funny noises and awkward behavior makes me excited to have a pure-breed animal around because you are in fact that weird. I love you both and realize that I am obsessed and I do not feel one bit ashamed for being so.

5. I am thankful for soccer. I despise you for taking Dave away, but I love that he has a special place with you. Dave's love for soccer is annoying at times, but I have to remind myself that it is his thing. He talks about soccer like I talk about our cats and Twilight...they are a match made of perfection. Thank you for being there for Dave as an escape and a constant source of enjoyment.

6. I am thankful for my new mattress. I have gone years not knowing what I should be expecting from my sleep and you have shown me the light. I love this mattress and can, and have, spent full days without moving an inch from the comfort of my 900 thread count sheets, 2 cats, a beautiful boyfriend, and my Sealy perfection.

7. I am thankful for my largest personal purchase this year, Nina. Nina is an item of necessity that again, I'm not sure how I carried on before without her. Micheal Kors made her just for me and although we had an unfortunate incident a few months ago with curry soup spilling all over you, you are barring the smell and trying your hardest not to make me vomit. Thus, although I marvel at you from afar because the smell kind of makes me gag, I love you and appreciate that you cost way too much but were needed just the same.

8. I am thankful for my extended family, the Provost's. Miss Joan is so unimaginably smart and gifted. Her mind flutters every which way at an impeccable pace. I have said this before, she makes me know more about Mrs. Smith because I truly feel like Mrs. Smith was Miss Joan 22 years ago. Annie used to talk about how she preferred our company to adults, and I understand why. I prefer Miss Joan's company instead of so many others because she stretches my brain, she shows me her world and it's optimistic wonder, we look at every bug/animal, and although I feel like when I am with her time goes so fast, it actually slows and she lets me witness her discoveries. My dear Finny. He is one of my own. His chaos and kindness from his core makes me literally have butterflies. He is so sweet and exuberant. Being with him is fast, but the kind of fast that is such a high. When he giggles, everything is light and funny. When he talks about his sissy, my heart mets. The person that capture his heart with have the life of their dreams. Again, I have said this before, but thank you EP and PP for letting me know your children. They are lovely and all the things I have to say are a reflection of you. You are amazing parents and in my field, they are hard to come by. What an example you are...

9. I thankful for school. Although I bitch and moan every waking moment about how hard school is, I love it. I love that I get the opportunity to exercise my freedom, even as a woman, and further my education. Being lucky doesn't get close to the monstrosity of being able to be educated. Thus, I will be in debt, literally and figuratively, for the rest of my life, but I will become Dr. Taylor....how lucky am I?

10. I am thankful for Dave. I get to come home every night to someone who loves me and welcomes me with a smile. He completes my weekends and always indulges me when I ask him to look at the Boys even if it is the 105th time. He vacuums and lets me snuggle under the warm laundry while he folds it and puts it away. He turns his heated seat on in his car for me before I get in and always drives because he knows I hate to. He listens as if he knows what I am talking about whether it is therapist babble, Us magazine gossip, or Twilight updates. He tries to understand why it is necessary to have 10 pillows on the bed and puts a fresh bottled water on my night-stand each night. When Im too tired to get up in the morning and turn my alarm off, he gets it and pushes snooze just the right amount of times. Most of all, I feel his kindness and loyalty to my core. I trust him more than anyone and know he is my partner. I am thankful to share my world with him and for him to welcome it with open arms. 

4 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Well, if that's not the sweetest blog post ever, I don't know what is. What's cool is that it will be here forever. As years go by you can look back at Thanksgiving 08 and see how lovely your life was at that precise moment. Awesome, isn't it?

Ivy Wilson said...

Awww Tay.... what a fabulous posting. I love your optimistic and gratuitous nature. Thanks for being a fabulous friend.

Emily said...

WE LOVE YOU TAYLOR!

PS- Please come to Colorado and explain to Finn that he cannot head butt his teacher.

Jenn said...

11. Taylor is thankful for her partner in crime, Jenn. They've been through hell and back during undergraduate psychology BS (bullsh*t) but have made it through with the support of each other.

I MISS YOU TAY! <3