Sunday, April 19, 2009

This Much I know is True.

I'm reading It Sucked, and Then I Cried, by my favorite outside-family blogger, Heather Armstrong. Here is what I have learned:

A) I don't want to have kids for at least another decade or two. Actually, maybe never!
B) I have to stop trowing things at Dave immediately or I too will require hospitalization.
C) Heather and I are scared of the exact same things.
D) Every location has it's downside of living there. Although I am IN LOVE with Seattle, sometimes I do wish it wouldn't rain every second. After the 7th month, it stops being endearing and starts becoming God's evil way of punishing all the liberals who live here. Heather loves Utah, but it is packed with Mormons like sardines in a can. Babies, everywhere, holy underwear, and weird names...I understand the sacrifices we all make to live where we do. Look at the sacrifices we are making with a little more rain and some really interesting religious folk, that's worth something!
E) I need her to write more and more and MORE because she normalizes a lot of realities that women everywhere are dealing with. *I am putting  on my therapist hat now* She does a fantastic job of owning her feelings, her disappointment, and basking in the glory of being a wonderful mother, that her children can be proud of, by asking for help. I love the raw and sobering reality she discusses called, parenthood. Plus, she's really funny...

Anyway, I require you all to go out and purchase this book. I of course, like all of my good literary ideas, got this one from EP!  Read Dooce.com as well, you will wet your pants daily!

3 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I already copied EP, as always... I am reading Heather's book right now also! And I love it.

Taylor said...

I finnished it yesterday and have decided she is my new best friend:)

Lori Emmerton said...

hey sisterhood...bring it up this weekend if you're done with it...I need something to read that is substantial and without a vampire.