Friday, July 24, 2009

Eat, Pray, Love

I received this book ages ago and devoured it in a day. Happily, I just found out it is to be a movie! Not just any movie, a movie starring Julia Roberts. I throughly enjoy her films. She is like daisies or ice cream from the carton....always smiling, welcoming, and guaranteed to create a bounce in my step. This is one book-to-film I am excited to see!

Similarly, how exciting is it that I read Julia Child's book in Paris a few months ago, only to see last night that there is a Julia Child's film coming out in August! And, Meryl Steep and Amy Adams are in it! I just love when there are several movie options out...it feels like December when all the good movies are out but without the 90 degree weather!

Also along these lines, Dave and I have been trying to become more fiscally aware, and we have taken to it grandly! We DO NOT eat out unless it is on the weekend and only once. We create mean plans every Sunday (snaps to Mrs. Smith for the idea!), and we have been cooking together every night! I so look forward to our chaos in the kitchen as we navigate through another phase in our relationship called: downsizing! What fun it has been looking forward to dinner...

Because of our dinner nights, I feel closer to Dave, like we have achieved something together. It is just one more element of our life together that I haven't stopped to appreciate. We love food. We love grocery shopping. We love cooking in our tiny and intensely hot kitchen. Who knew I would fall more in love with Dave over polenta?!

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

First of all - I LOVE Eat Pray Love... I thought it was fantastic! And the way you decribe cooking and eating with Dave - how sweet is that. Good for you.

Emily said...

I agree about the sweetness of cooking with Dave and how it brings you closer.
Sigh...
I so get that. And you guys are the cutest.

Eat, Pray, Love rules. Period. Love love love it. I'm nervous about Julia Roberts in it though. I'll have to see...