Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Piece of Greece

We had dinner last night at my Mama's house and it was glorious! Yummy food, good company, and fun for all. A perfect blend of Dave's family and mine to celebrate his 25th year with good people.

Biggest and most fun surprise: I really missed Charley! I hadn't seen him in a while and it was so nice to see him. He has become such an important part of our family now that I felt my heart pull after not seeing him for a few weeks.

After dinner, and all had gone home, my Mama, Dave, Charley, and I sat on the front porch. We talked about Dave and I, my Mom and Charlie, and a potential family trip to Greece. When Charley emphasised that we need to do this quickly because soon Mrs. Smith and Tyler will have children and that he wants to take us to his homeland, it again, hit me: Charley is so a part of us now.

He plans his life with ours now. He considers us his, and he ours. It was such a seamless transition and such a perfect fit to have Charley a part of our exclusive club and tight-knit family.

Welcome Charley, wholeheartedly!

1 comment:

Lori Emmerton said...

I'm glad you had a great time on Monday with combining both families. I love it...and hugs to you about how you feel about my Charley.