Friday, July 23, 2010

All Thing Related

I didn't get the job at my internship site. Not because I didn't rock the interview or because they didn't love me, because there is currently a hiring freeze on the position I desperately want. Boo. And to make matters worse, everyone at SMH has come up to me saying I would have been perfect and my supervisor said, "Bummer, and we had already decided on hiring you for the job!" Double boo. Anyway, because I don't have a job and I only have my internship for 15 hours a week, I have plenty of extra time to make God knows what from scratch.

What's been cookin' at my house:

Blueberry muffins
French Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Ice Cream
Turkey Burgers
Coffee Cake Muffins
Corn Bread
Chicken Meatballs
Potstickers
(Please give me more ideas of things I can make because I don't think it is a safe idea for me to make my way through the entire frozen desserts section of my Test Kitchen cookbook. Thanks)

When I am bored or have extra time, I cook. When I cook, I get fat. When I get fat, I get sad. It's a vicious cycle really, and I think I will blame it on my internship site because they can't budget correctly, therefore they have frozen a position I am perfect for. On that note, I will continue the vicious cycle and finnish making my chocolate and peanut covered frozen bananas.

Enjoy your weekend and I am sure to return with some entertaining stories as Dave and I are going put-put golfing tonight and hiking Cougar Mt. tomorrow morning:)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I miss you. I need to keep blogging so I can keep up with your sexy life because my life is nothing but boring right now! :)

Sheri Nugent said...

I'm so sorry My Precious. Something better will come along. It always has for me.

Lori Emmerton said...

Sorry Tay. I know you really wanted that particular job. Do you know how long the freeze will be and will go ahead and look for another position?

Lori Emmerton said...

....still glad you had time to make the vanilla and choco ice cream. They were delicious!