Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Here's What's Up.

I don't think I blog enough about how much I love my family. We are a team of ladies. Not just your average ladies, but super-human ladies. We roll with each others punches, we work together, we cry, we laugh, we laugh more, and we love. We treat each other with compassion, we get carried away, we try too hard, and we fumble. But, when it comes down to it, I have no doubt these people are the reason why I wake up knowing I am luckier for being surrounded by them, and I am a happier person because we choose to be a part of each other's lives.

My Mama is our forgiver. At first glance you think it is to her fault, but then you realize it is her gift. No matter what, my Mama can find the good and work harder than ever to make that good shine. When you are around her, she makes you feel like she is the luckiest to be around you. My Mama makes the best parts of me shine.

My Annie is my best friend and my companion, but most of all, she is our
logic. She brings everyone back down from our emotional escapades and puts the facts at hand in the forefront. The best lesson I have learned from her is to stand back, analyze, lead with what you have observed, and stay true to whatever you believe in. I think she is the reason I am a therapist because I loved mastering the art of stepping back and reflecting, as does she.

Awww Sissy. My Mrs. Smith is a force. She is the strength of us and pushes everyone forward. Her strength manifests itself in every way possible. She has strength in her convictions, she has strength in the way she loves, and she has strength in the way she backs you up. Whatever the issue is, you want Sissy's strength behind you because she is a beautiful and graceful ball of oomph. There is a passion to her strength that makes you want to pull up a chair and watch for hours. Sheer brilliance really.


2 comments:

Lori Emmerton said...

That was lovely. Thank you. You forgot your role in our P4...you are a mixture of logic with such amazing compassion and able to cut through the all the clutter. You care so much and offer help if it is requested without your feelings getting smashed when it isn't.

Who loves you more????no one! Well maybe the other P4 and of course, Dave.

Sheri Nugent said...

I love this. Thank you Precious. Here's what I think your contribution is - much like what Lori wrote. I think you are our emotional health. You are compassionate without being codependent. You are logical without being cold. You are forgiving - but you always keep healthy boundaries. You teach us how to keep ourselves emotionally balanced. If this family ever needed an expert in something, it's mental health. You are helping ME (I should just speak for me, I suppose) be more mentally balanced. An excellent balance between logic and feeling. And plus, you have the language to help us verbalize and categorize what's going on around us.