Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poetry


I truly have no words that could describe my relationship with Grammy or how she became to be such a pivotal woman in my life. If I were to try, I would do her an injustice, and she would be embarrassed by my feeble rhetoric. The glorious time she spent with me is described wonderfully in my favorite poem by William Wordsworth:

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind...

I love you more than every fish in the sea, grain of sand, and star in the sky...beat that Grammy!

I will miss you more than you will ever know.

Love, 

Tay


3 comments:

Lori Emmerton said...

you are making Grammy smile...I read this outloud to her as I did Morgan's blog in memory of her.

I know she is listening and watching you will happiness.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up this picture, Taylor. Now I can print it out and enjoy it, too.

Jordan

Sheri Nugent said...

Such a great picture! And a beautiful poem... a favorite of mine too. What a wonderful way to remember her.