Friday, December 4, 2009

And Here are the Reasons


1) How do you know when to stop inviting people. When people say they want a small wedding, that means 250 people. I think it would be creepy if I had that many people looking at me and I just don't want it! But, half of Bothell is related to Dave so it looks like 250 would just cover his peeps. Shout out to my small and broken family!

2) I don't have the money, nor do I think I ever will. Money is a huge issue and if I were to get married I would want to do it exactly the way I want, no cut corners. Unfortunately, that means $$ and it's just not worth it to compromise for me.

3)I think I would be Bridzilla. Enough said really.

4) We just don't want to. Not that we don't want to marry each other, but we are lazy people at heart and it seems like a lot of work. I saw Mrs. Smith be stressed and chaotic and although her wedding was glorious and she loved it, I remember "The Year of the Wedding" very well and I am not interested.

5) I'm scared. When it come down to it, people cheat. Look at Tiger, Jon minus Kate, Brad, my dad. It happens too often and it gets messier when people are married. I really don't think that Dave or I will cheat on each other, but I don't know what 30 years of being with someone does to the other. Anyway, if you aren't married, the escape is a lot faster and cleaner.

There you have it. I hope this answers questions and appeases people for at least a year and then we can reassess at that point. BUT......

I might have had this dress: I love that it has pockets!

My Sister may have worn this: She loves this color and the cut would be flattering!






















And this Cake: Yummy Pavlova:)






















At this location: I think a vacation for everyone would be amazing fun!

With these flowers: Oh how I love white flowers and peonies!


4 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I hope you can forgive us for being curious buttinskys. Remember, Precious, YOU were the child who wanted a wedding for your birthday party. "What kind of cake do you want for your birthday, Taylor?" "A WEDDING CAKE!" you replied.

You are a wedding person - but just as a fantasy, it seems. LOVE the dresses, flowers and destination. And the pretty blue ring.

You know me - I kind of don't believe in marriage anyway... for the reasons you cited: fidelity seems to be hard for people and breakups are expensive and messy. So I understand. If NOT being married keeps you and Dave together - I'm on board with that.

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts for us. no pressure from me, that's for sure.

Taylor said...

That's not why I wrote it Annie! i want you to be curious buttinsky all the time:)

Sheri Nugent said...

Oh, goodie! I love being in your beewax!

Lori Emmerton said...

Sorry, but I want to see you in that lovely dress. To be honest with you...you and Dave have the best relationship ever. I don't know of any two people who are more right for each other.

One more thought...easier to get out of the relationship??? even with issues, people have to try and try.

You were once the cutest bride and you have also always been very happy being with a microphone and a crowd.

I won't bug you about getting married, you know that...but I really can hardly wait! What a cutie! and who says it has to be BIG and very costly...we now know what to do it and cost effectively.