Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Apologizing


5 AM: Will woke us up by doing something in the den. I yelled his named and he scurried out. Problem solved? Absolutely not.

6:15 AM: Will digging at something in the den. I yell him name again and threaten to get out of bed. He stops....momentarily.

6:16 AM: Will is rummaging again. I get up and clap my hands in the dark only to feel him run by. That ought to have done it.

7 AM: Will is seriously chewing on something. I go into the den, furious, to see what on earth he is doing. He looks up like, "Hey Mama, look what shiny thing I found!" He has been chewing on all of the Christmas present's bows. Ugh. I take it away from him and give him the boot.

7:05 AM: Chewing is still coming from the den and now I am L-I-V-I-D. I storm out of bed, flip on the light, and see the big bow in his mouth. He backs up, with it still in him mouth and plans for an escape, with the bow. Oh no he didn't! I grab the bow, give him a swat on the rear and close the bedroom door on him for the first time ever.

7:07 AM: Will is now barfing up the pieces of Christmas bow in the hallway outside our door. I roll over towards Dave and he says, "I guess it's my turn to take care of Will?" Yup, I am done.

7:10 AM: Barf is cleaned, we are back in bed, the door is closed and Fluffy wants some love. Wait, no he doesn't, he wants to scratch at the door and Will wants to cry on the other side because he can't come in. AGHHHHH, I have scratching and crying for 5 long minutes and I can't handle it!!!!

7:15 AM: Dave- "Fine. I'm up. I should just go to work."

9:52 AM: Will and Fluff are sleeping on the bottom of the bed. Will sees my eyes open and heads in my direction. I am so ready to give him the cold shoulder when he flops on his belly and shoves his little face into mine. He rubs his hands all over my face, licks my nose and cheeks, purrs like crazy, and snuggles me for about 25 minutes. He was saying sorry, I just know it.

10:13 AM: Will is back in the den. Apparently "I'm sorry" also means, I'm going to do it again. I say his name and he runs out. Done. Lesson learned....I hope.

Meanwhile, all of you are getting gifts with teeth marks and half-eaten bows. And, my Christmas tree looks sad without any presents under the tree, but I can't trust the boys because it would be a bow feast if they were left out all day.


2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

That is so funny! What an awesome morning. And your camera, by the way, WOW!!!! These pictures you are taking are just amazing.

Lori Emmerton said...

do you remember last year when I blogged about cleaning the liter box with gold poo! that would be Abner. This year, I will probably have green! Lovely.