Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Interestings

Dave has been gone for about a week now and I thought I would HATE being alone in our apartment. Surprisingly, I have really enjoyed it. Not because I am glad he is gone, but because I haven't been alone in my own space, my own head, my own devices for a long time. I miss him, but I can handle being alone and actually forgot how much I enjoy my own company.

I bought a new pair of jeans and it moved something in me that I am intrigued by. I want a change. I feel like my creative outlets are not being expressed in a way that corresponds with my inner self. School and comfort has driven my style and life for too long! I need to change and remember that I am not just a student, unemployment doesn't define me, and I cannot wait to reconnect with my quirky and unique tastes that I have forgotten for so long.

I met new people this week. Really nice and new people. I think new people in my life are a must and I am really excited for the next shift I am feeling in my bones. Change is coming and I am not shying away, rather charging full force towards it!

Reading, reading, and reading. That's what I have been doing and LOVING it!!! I have caught up with the stacks books that I have ordered and had to shelve for months. I have absorbed them and words don't express how much I love to take a book with me everywhere in case I can steal a word or two in the grocery store, in the post office, or a 5 minute break at Starbucks. This is why I got the worlds largest purse, Nina, because she can hold at least 3 books and fit everything else comfortably.

I am itching to plan for the summer. Yes it's 6 months away, and yes it could be because it's 32 degrees here, but I am listing things I want to accomplish this summer and what I want to do before I no longer have a summer break.
Here is the short list:
1) Have Finny and Ms. Joan here for a visit. I owe Finny a trip and I haven't seen him in forever, but I couldn't stand not seeing Ms. Joan as an 8 year old. Oh how I miss those two...
2) Vacation. I will vacation somewhere. I am not looking for something amazing, in fact I really want to start my goal of finally visiting National Parks in the U.S. Somewhere, anywhere, but a vacation with Dave sounds like medicine I long for!
3) A weekend with my sister. Something over-indulgent, something we possibly can't afford, and something that makes me smile so much my face hurts. That is what I feel like I need with her. Relaxing and stupid amounts of fun.
4) Start two things for myself that I do by myself. I want to make a habit of something that can take me away from the intense work I am about to start. I need an outlet that can help me decompress and join society again. I have some ideas, and I will being trying out new things to perfect and assure that it will be exactly what I need.

That's it for now, just some things that have been pushing around and making my priority. What I see from these things is that I really need to remember who I am and be myself daily because I am loosing the essence of me.

5 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I love your self-awareness. How you consciously and mindfully make choices and then execute brilliantly. It makes me so happy that you can be happy alone with yourself. That life skill has bought you freedom from maany common problems that plague women. Nicely done.

Again - you are an amazing woman and I am so proud of you.

The Wife said...

oooh, where should we go???

Taylor said...

Dont know, but dont you feel like we need it?

Lori Emmerton said...

wow...all this self exploration and it started with a new pair of jeans!

New people are always great and especially when, they end up being a surprisingly enjoyable.

May I suggest for you and Morgan to go to Sedona...spa country!

Emily said...

Dearest Tay,

Here here to lovely changes! (too much change makes me bonkers - like my new cell phone - but lets hear it for new jeans!)

#1-3 can be done HERE! Wahoo Colorado!!! I'll show you the sun!! It'll be great.

Seriously though, Hadley is DYING to come see you. I honestly think both of them would be too much for you. He's A LOT my dear...

There is lots of talk from HJ about flying ALONE and not wanting me anywhere near. "I'm almost 8 ya know, Mom."

Speaking of being alone...so glad you love it. I adore it too. I love and respect a woman who loves her own company.