Friday, March 5, 2010

Things that Made me Smile Today and it's only 1pm:

1) Today marks 6 years of bliss with Dave:)
2) A quote from EP's blog about Anthro clothes...couldn't be more right:)
3) The quirky and over-priced wrapping paper I had Papyrus wrap Dave's boring anniversary gift in:)
4) Wishing EP's perfection of a sissy would just write books so I could devour her writing everyday in hardcover:)
5) Reliving last night's conversation with Miss Joan as she celebrated her monumental 8th birthday yesterday. She was all "totally" and "yea I know" and "for sure" including dramatic pauses and effect. Absolute bliss being a part of her life:)
6) Talking with my sister about senate bills before 10am and nodding along like I know what the hell she is talking about, but enjoying the conversation endlessly despite intellectual confusion:)
7) My mom answering the phone, "Global Service, this is Lori" when she has caller ID and knows it's me. Weird, but smile worthy:)
8) Last DVD of Big Love 3rd season:)
9) Empty laundry baskets. Not because I emptied them, but because Dave did last night, as I told him last week that I hate when they are full, because they look at me with their judgmental eyes and scream, "YOU WORTHLESS WOMAN, GET TO WORK!" :)
10) Watching Will and Fluff interact with each other in crazy pseudo-fights and odd cackling noises over their new cat toys. I have bits and pieces of neon green and yellow feathers ALL over the apartment, and when I got in the shower, I noticed these colors sliding towards the drain as they are attached to my feet:)

Have a great weekend! I will update soon as to what my surprise weekend is after Dave FINALLY fills me in tonight:)

3 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Very cutie - you and Dave. I agree about Meg - she is SUCH a good writer.

Lori Emmerton said...

I can hardly wait to hear about your big surprise...oops! that's right, I know it!

I answer it "global services..." because its a way around the fact that I'm ignoring psgrs and talking to my darling daughter!

Taylor said...

Right.