Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Waste

I made a big mistake tonight, I added up all of my school debt. Turns out, I should have invested in a profession that would at least make it possible to make monthly payments. Ugh. I hate that I chose this right now. Why couldn't I have chosen something dealing with business, science, or squid-fishing! Anything would pay more than the one thing I like and am good at. I am going to bed upset and distraught about my doom surrounding my inability to repay my education. I should have worked at McDonalds, I hear they have great benefits.

4 comments:

The Wife said...

sister. do not let that get you down. there are payment plans for all lenders that work on a graduated scale. you'll afford it just fine. no one said it would be easy or fun, but you'll be fine. and what's even better, is that you'll be doing the thing you love and excell at every day. we have discussed that there are programs that forgive student loan debt when you work with at risk youth. you need to do more research into those programs. we have also looked at alternative jobs that have quite large salaries. don't forget that you will also have opportunities available in private schools. don't forget all the good things.

Sheri Nugent said...

Well said, Morgan!!

Lori Emmerton said...

you are continuing getting more and more certifications that will enable you to work in a variety of jobs...perhaps not at first or the one you really want, but one that is with a large company that has therapy for families that will give you insurance and great pay for your loans...be patient, all your hard work will pay off, I'm positive about that.

Emily said...

Knowledge is power, girl. And the world will be a much better place with you as a therapist. Don't let the debt get you down. Morgan is right!!
Somehow I don't think you would be happy working at McDonald's. Just a hunch...