Friday, September 12, 2008

River Runs Through It

This weekend is Kim's birthday and we are taking her to the ever-obnoxious Leavenworth. I love it here. It is the place that makes no excuses or reasons for being the most random town in Washington. Seriously, who puts a Bavarian village in the middle of the mountains in WA? Whoever it was, kudos to you my friend because I am always entertained with plenty of wine, cheese, and goofy outfits/words.

Anyway, we are taking here this weekend and among out list of activities we thought it would be fun to do some spa treatments. A few years back, Brandy and I went to Leavenworth and stumbled upon this picture for treatments and about peed our pants. Imagine if this were possible. Alas, it was a winter trip and we quickly put it out of our minds. Now, with the summer ending, we approached the idea of going to Leavenworth to fulfill our Winters-past dream. Oh, and for Kim's birthday:) Brandy and I squealed with delight at the thought of our spa fantasies coming true. So, I called them to make sure it was legit.



Here is what the phone call consisted of:

Spa Woman: "Solstice Spa how may I help you?"

Me: "Um, I saw a while ago on your website that you do massages in the river, is that true?"

Spa Woman: (giggles) "Uh, what?"

Me: "Yeah you showed a picture of a woman having a massage in the river. Do you do that or not?"

Spa Woman: "No. That would be entirely too difficult and it was just a photo."

Me: "Okay thanks."

Spa Woman: "I've never had anyone ask that before."

Me: "Right. Thanks."

Picture me bright red and sweating because I now feel like a huge dumb-ass. By the way, if you have a picture of it on your website, I'm assuming that you provide that service. Ugh. I feel lame.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I would've assumed the same - come on!! What's wrong with a river-spa? Have fun in Leavenworth, precious!!

Lori Emmerton said...

It's Leavenworth!!! Anything goes there. I bet by this time next year, they will offer the service. And it looks lovely...have fun!