Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What's Another Few Months?


Tonight at school I was going over my educational timeline and my friend Holly asked what it looked like, so I told her what program and certifications I was doing. Much to my surprise, she gave me a heads up on how I can also get my teaching certificate! Here's how it would all go down...

2 years of current masters program= MA in Counseling Psychology
2.5 years of current masters program= MA in Counseling Psychology, MFT (Marriage and Family Therapy license)

Upper 2 I am currently doing....below is the addition!

2.75 years of current masters program= MA in Counseling Psychology, MFT, and Teaching Certificate allowing me to be a guidance counselor

Turns out the classes required to receive your teaching certificate overlap my courses as a therapist. All I have to do is take 3 more courses and 1 more internship and I'm a guidance counselor as well! Pretty neat....I think I'll do it!

So, I signed myself up for another semester and more debt tonight and I feel great!

Download of the day: Joshua Radin, Today (EP, you will love this!)

4 comments:

The Wife said...

I've always said you would be fabulous as a school guidance counselor...just think, you can work at a high risk school, do a really good thing for some kids who have it really rough and get some of your loans forgiven! Sounds like a deal to me! Go for it!

Ivy Wilson said...

That's a fabulous idea Tay! My mom has her MA in guidance counseling and it has opened a lot of doors for her! Kudos to you for creating so many options for yourself:-)

Lori Emmerton said...

you know yours and Morgans education is all of our highest priority now and has always been...more debt, whatever look at your payoff! I think I'm going to go ahead and buy a lottery ticket or hit up Muckleshoot this week to try to wipe out this burden?!

Once again I must say...I am so proud of you. You make amazing decisions.

Does this put a push back on Dave's masters plan?

Sheri Nugent said...

I am SO PROUD of you! Way to use your early 20's wisely! I love love love your plan. So smart.