Wednesday, October 15, 2008

EP Influence

I started my blog because of EP. I just got an email from her that made me sob. I miss her, Miss Joan, and Finny too much. I love these people because they are part of my family. As Miss Joan says, we are a part of each others families because we decided so. I can't think of a better reason.

EP started a blogging trend amongst my family and amongst my friends and I can't thank her enough for being a tid-bit geeky and passing it around. She sent me a link to her family photos and, again, I haven't sobbed that much in a while. I felt like I was hanging out with them all over again. The music that the photographer had playing while I was watching the Provost Picture Show was an amazing choice that suits this family so well. They look so beautiful...

Thus, in true copy-cat fashion, I am following EP's lead...

Outside my window: The Space Needle on a rainy Seattle night.

Daily rhythm: Up at 6am, out the door to work, make a cup of tea, play with some kids, LOTS of paperwork, play with kids again, drive home over the ever-beautiful viaduct, find the impossible parking spot on the impossible Queen Anne hill, open the door to two silly kitties and one adoring and kind Dave, debate about who makes dinner, play Cribbage, blog, fall asleep with Dave by my side in my new Sealy perfection. Repeat x5 and then weekend bliss...

I am thankful for: Having a job, home, stability in this shit-can economy. I feel for everyone who is forced to leave their homes, pets, and jobs. 

In the kitchen: Is a lot of yummy food I don't have time to do anything with. Also, two noisy cats who I fear are biting each others backs and slapping each others faces. I think they love each other very much. PS I'm working on Dave to let me have another:)

Breakfast: Delicious and my favorite. I only wish I had time to do it justice each morning. Sadly, 10 minutes more of sleep always wins:(

I haven't found: The right balance between school, work, family, friends, without feeling like I am cheating out on another's time.

Lunch: I wish I had time for this one, but usually it includes more tea and something small to snack on

Supper: Funny word. Dinner on Queen Anne is always delicious and tasty. I should cook more...

I am wearing: Dave's wife beater tank, stretch pants, and a tired pony-tail. It's sad really.

I am creating: A life of hopeful happiness, integrity, honesty, lots of family (and kitties), and excitement!

Bringing beauty to my home: Is tough when there are Fluffy's tuffs of hair everywhere. Literally.

I am reading: A ton of books about sexual abuse and children with ADD. Very sad.

I am hoping: For the world to stop spinning just for a moment. I need to gain my footing again and feel like I can handle all of the balls I am currently juggling. 

Around the house: I feel the need to nest. I want things that will make it feel complete. Of course that includes someone else to clean the boys box, clean up Fluff's tuffs, do laundry, and everything else so I can catch up on my TiVo...I miss her so.

Making plans: For a luxurious vacation with Dave in February and a May trip with my favorite person to Paris. I can't wait.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

That was WONDERFUL! I will do the same. Let's copy everything Emily does. I always enjoy that. I really must meet her sometime. BTW, Paris: I talked to Lorna. Aim for the beginning of the trip - She will like join up at the end. So that means anytime from 5/13 - 5/29... but shoot for early rather than later. You don't need to wait to plan - just pick dates and tell me and you're in. Oh boy! I can't wait!!

Lori Emmerton said...

Tay - I love the summary of your life...it's wonderful and that you grasp every element. I miss you so much. Glad to hear you got a new matress, hopefully it helps your sleep. Love you. Paris right now with the 4 sounds heavenly.