Monday, May 12, 2008

All in a Days Work

It started like any other day but ended up with a few generous glasses of the oh-so-yummy Airfield chardonnay. I went to work today only to be welcomed with smiles from my manager. She looked sheepishly at me and told me that DeMonty (vice-president of Restoration Hardware) asked me to go out to dinner with him and the other big-shots tomorrow night. I was so excited. I have met with him before and he is so inspiring. Just when you are tried of your job, he swoops in and makes you fall in love with it all over again. I can't wait for my new found love for RH!! As I floated away from my store manager, I quickly got even more pumped up because this occasion calls for a cute new top! Double yippee:) 

So, this weekend we have our Fred Hutch weekend where our clients can donate $20 to cancer research and they get a 20% off coupon. Needless to say, out money hungary, creepy, U. Village mothers love another excuse to spend inappropriate amounts of their husbands income. But, I have gotten extremely excited and into our pre-ordering process. Our goal for pre-orders was 85,000, but today I tallied op the total and we have hit 107,000!!!! I can't believe it! We have all worked so hard and I am so impressed with those who have been on top of it. Although there is one down side of this whole charity, here we have women with obscene amounts of cash and not one of them has offered to donate more. In fact, I have been asked more times than I can count if I can't increase the amount of discounts. WTF??? I am appalled at some of these people. You jerks!!!!  I hope your life is free of cancer...whatever

Moving on, then I came home to find out that it is The Hills season finale! I know most you just rolled your eyes, but I know each of you has a rolling of the eyes worthy show. It is embarrassing and horrid and you may be a worse person for watching it, but like a train wreck, you can't stop. I admit it, The Hill is my crack. Hello, my name is Taylor and I'm an addict...

As I settle into my favorite pair of Morgan's yoga pants, I open my bottle of wine and check the line up (my normal routine of email/internet check-ins).  As I opened up my home-page, people.com, I saw a picture of Shiloh Pitt, and although I think her parents are shaddy as all get up, home-girl is cuter than ever. WOW!!! Adorable. I then checked my grades to see if they were posted, and found out that I got a 3.7. Now this is not GREAT, but it's great. I wanted better but I guess there is only room for improvements and it is only my first semester in grad-school. I should probably chill the F out and worry about something more worthy of worry, like maybe that my uber-important dinner tomorrow is at Tia Lou's in BellTown. YUCK...UGH....GROSSY:( This place is so nasty for these main reasons, you be the judge:

A) The one time I was there, I got kicked out after about 10 minutes because my gay guy friend wouldn't stop dancing on the tables with all of the ladies. Boo.

B) There is a stripper pole in the middle of the place. What a tantalizing conversation piece while I am eating with my VP. Need I say more?

C) Lastly, Morgan went there for some lame holiday like Halloween or New Years, and witnessed some nice girlfriends shooting each other up with either a very large insulin shot or heroin. I would like to think it was not the latter but I fear that my first point is confirmation that the heroin was the unidentified substance.

And there you have it. Why would anyone want to go there for dinner? I am not sure of this selection, but I will be bringing an ample supply of Purel and avoid the facilities at all costs. 

As I sit here with my chardonnay, my stupid show's 
count-down, and reading up on my fam's fun blogs, I hope they all had a glorious day! Cheers to my favorite 3...

4 comments:

The Wife said...

I want my pants back.

Sheri Nugent said...

Your blog is so cutie!! I love reading about your day. Keep it up. And finally, 3.7 is AWESOME!!! Grad school, dummy! You are doing so great!!

Sheri Nugent said...

P.S. I miss you too everyday. I can't wait to come back for June Birthday Week!!

Lori Emmerton said...

you make me laugh out loud! Very proud of your grades...do you want a pair of your own pants for your birthday? or are they your favorite because they are you sisters?