Saturday, May 17, 2008

Euphoria with Da

Last night was one of those afternoon to nights that make me fall in love with Dave all over again. We can just be...does that make sense? 

I was home all day and was a good little girlfriend. I cleaned and finally put the stack of clothes away that he has not-so-subtly been telling me to do for the last week. P.S. I hate laundry:( After that his friend Bones came over for the afternoon. There is something to be said for spending the entire afternoon with your boyfriends friend and having a great time. I love his people! Bones is so surprising. He is an artist and LOVES to discuss art and museums. Dave will be interested and try his hardest to love it, but I feel like people either are in love with art, don't love it but appreciate it, or don't like it because they are too simpleminded to try and wrap their mind around it. Bones and I love it, and Dave appreciates it! Nonetheless, we talked about Rodin, Monet, and the museums I have been to in Europe. We then transitioned and talked about his family and the interesting-ness they have going on. We then took a walk up to TJ's for some dinner fixins, and again, what fun. Can I just say, I love that I love his friends! If they sucked and didn't like me, that would be a huge bummer. Anyway, Bones left to go out to lunch with this girl Da and I have set him up with and he is just about the cutest thing about it! I love playing matchmaker...

Da came home around 5:30 and we were debating whether or not we should go to a movie, we decided to just drive downtown and walk until we find something fun to do! We do this, Dave and I. We have a love affair with Seattle. No matter the weather we are there discovering new places or just walking around. I constantly feel like a tourist in my own city because everything feels new. When I moved back from CA, I felt like I needed to really start appreciating Seattle for what it was and take advantage of it's amazing-ness. 

So, we are walking downtown trying to find a place to eat, which seems possible except every Seattlite is trying to do the same.We go to three places and they either have a wicked line or they are not sounding delicious. We get a bit frustrated and just keep walking, and we end up at Boka. Now Boka is a place to seriously chow down. Their fries are beyond delicious. Everyone knows what I would do for a delicious basket of fries, and Boka does not disappoint. So we sit outside order some delicious drinks and just talk. We both didn't want anything heavy to eat because it is freakishly hot so we just order 2 caesar salads and some fries:) We sat there for three hours. Chatting, laughing, talking about our day, career goals, future school, everything. No topic went untouched. We hadn't had a conversation like that in a while. We must have needed a refresher course in each other! After more drinks and some of the best desserts I have ever had, we walked back to the car. As I was walking, all I could think about was how lucky I am to be with Dave. He is amazing. Amazing to me, my family, my friends, his friends, I mean how could I find someone like that? Even more, how great is it that I was able to find Dave so early. People go their entire lives looking for that person, and I just happened upon him at an 80's party. How does that happen? 

Dave makes me believe in fate. He brings out the best side of me. He makes me appreciate the people in my life and the beauty in my family and friends. Who knew someone could do that? I didn't. 

Our night continued. We went to a good friends house for a surprise birthday. We both knew no one, but we were there together. They didn't matter, we were in our own bubble anyway. We only stayed for a little bit and went home. Have I told you how much I love the word home? I love that the word means so many homes to me. Home is at my mom's, at Sheri's, and on Queen Anne. All of these places are home to me. Once I started thinking about how they are all home to me, I thought that it isn't the home, it is the people. My people are home to me. 

We went home and watched a movies with Justin and his new non-girlfriend. It was nice and relaxing. Comforting and easy. Effortless and delicious. Fun and perfect. I'm delirious after days like this. Falling in love with someone over and over again is exhausting but perfectly euphoric. 

Thanks Da for a lovely day of nothing and everything. You are home to me.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

And THIS is why I love blogs. That beautiful day captured forever.

I wish Dave would blog! Not happening, is it...

Lori Emmerton said...

you make me cry...I love how happy you are and it makes you glow as well as Dave!