Thursday, May 15, 2008

Once Upon A Friend

I met up with a face from the past tonight. Our past has been rocky, glorious, mean, and victorious. She has been that person that you identify with a certain time in your life. I think of my time in middle/high school, and I think of her. Although there are things that are still sad for me, I was greatly surprised and happy to find that after time and changes we still know each other. Oh, Dani Jo...

She's having a baby girl. Berlyn. She was kicking all through dinner. Strange. I remember she and I talking when we were 13 about having kids together and living near each other. I just find it so surreal that neither of those will ever happen and we were so sure that it would. 

She is kind and fun. Interested in my life and not judgmental and overtly opinionative like I remember. She is realistic about her situation and relationships. I enjoyed her...and I hadn't in years. 

We are getting together next weekend for Memorial Day weekend. How strange things fall into place as they do. Curious. 

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

A very interesting blog. You are SUCH a writer!

Lori Emmerton said...

I've very happy you enjoyed Dani Jo. You guys were together for most of your childhood. Preschool to now. Not all good, but in more than not.