Thursday, May 22, 2008

Drum Roll Please...

I started this list on August 25, 2007. My dear EP posted about it and I find her ever so clever and I immediately became the girl we all hate, I copied her. Anyway, apparently my entire family is full of girls we hate, because they too copied. Thus, I now do not feel odd about sharing my 100 list. Here is goes in no particular order:

1. I have bitten my nails for as long as I can remember and I hate it. I have spent countless hours analyzing why I do this.
2. I have always thought I belongs to a different era like the 40's or something. I love the clothes and things were just more simple.
3. I bleed silver sage, the token color of Resto.
4. I think raspberries are the best fruit but I really dislike their seeds so I don't eat them often.
5. My Aunt is my best friend
6. I am terrified of scary movies and I don't understand the entertainment factor in them. I also hate heights and onions. These phobias developed in my late teens.
7. Dave makes me a better person
8. Randomly, Dave grabs me and he slow dances with me. I love this. We don't talk and it could be anywhere, in the street, in our bathroom, when we are running late.
9. I miss bacon daily
10. If I start a book I must finish it. 
11. I cry at every monument in my sister's life.
12. When I cry, people think it is because I am drunk, but really its because I love her too much. I can't imagine life without her.
13. Dave is more than okay that I love and put my sister before him
14. I hate the word moist. It reminds me of the McDonalds moist towelettes. Gross
15. EP and her spawns are 3 of my most favorite people. I prefer her children's company to 99% of the worlds
16. I love traveling but I hate getting there
17. It terrifies me that I have the same temper as my dad. It is a daily struggle to control and tame it.
18. If I had a person 100 most beautiful persons list, my mom would be the first
19. I am obsessed with grooming. After I have successfully groomed myself, I move on to Dave and he obliges me
20. I will need serious therapy when my cats die.
21. Im incredibly self-conscious
22. I miss my dad
23. When I dream, they are always the same:
a) Im pregnant
b) a concrete ball is chasing me down a highway in the desert and I cant get off the road or beat it
c) I'm at my old house and I make my way into every room making sure that everything is still in place
24. I feel guilty voting for Obama...I feel like Hillary knows
25. Yellow is my favorite color, but it looks terrible on me
26. I am overly protective of my family
27. Out of all of my traveling, Seattle is my favorite place to be
28. My obsession with US Weekly and People magazine is borderline reportable
29. BBQ sauce plays a key role in all of my meals
30. My feelings get hurt really easily
31. I gossip more than I should
32. I sweat like 12 old men...especially when I drink coffee
33. I really don't like linoleum and formica
34. I won't take medicine and going to the doctor scares me
35. My eyes and I are constantly at battle. They always hurt.
36. I only drink water
37. I think being pregnant will be the most amazing thing ever
38. I might not have kids because I'm scared of the doctors and that it will hurt too much
39. I really don't want to get married, but I will if it means enough to Dave
40. J. Crew is my homebase. I feel like they design clothes specifically for me.
41. I can still do the splits
42. I hate doing laundry
43. Notting Hill is my favorite movie
44. Corn on the cob is my favorite, it reminds me of summer
45. I truly believe that money buys happiness. It is not the only component, but it is a very strong contender.
46. I procrastinate more than I should and I am not good at self-care.
47. I am frightened to be a therapist
48. I wish I had more time for hobbies, or maybe more time in general
49. I have 3 freckles in odd places:
a) On my right boob
b) on the bottom of my left foot
c) on the edge of my eyelid
50. I wish I was a chef
51. Old Hollywood fascinates me
52. Like Sheri, I love biographies
53. I look forward to grocery shopping
54. I am bothered by white walls
55. Reading the newspaper drives my crazy. Afterwards, my hands feel dirty like I just was handling money
56. I tuck my thumbs into my fists like my mom, grandpa, and great uncle.
57. I don't be live in ADD but Im pretty sure I have it.
58. Snow is the most beautiful thing to me
59. I have an ongoing list of my favorite baby names. Thus far, if I were to have three children, I would need at least 3 dozen animals to use up the rest of my names.
60. I am always game for ice cream, cheese, french fries or bacon.
61. I miss Mallory
62. I wish I had a domestic goat named Helen
63. Getting old scares me
64. Although I know I will love being pregnant, I have always felt like I can't have children.
65. When people talk about me behind my back, it truly hurts my feelings. Especially when I don't like them in the first place.
66. I hate T-Mobile
67. When people finish my sentences, I'm not bothered, I feel like we really know each other.
68. I'm opinionated, but not good at it
69. I heart 80's rock!
70. I can remember songs that were playing during monumental events in my life. When I hear them, it takes me back...
71. My mom and Annie gave my sister and I good skin, and they taught us to value and protect it at all costs.
72. French fries are in a separate food group for me that I could not live without.
73. I disagree with every word in the DSM
74. I love fruit snacks
75. Organized religion makes me nervous.
76. Through my education, I have found that my family is not as crazy as I thought. It's comforting
77. I can't wait to be an Auntie
78. Adults that do any of the following bug the hell out of me: watch cartoons, wear Winnie the Pooh clothing, talk baby talk, or talk down to children.
79. Baby talk in general is ridiculous and severely demeaning
80. There is a reason that I have had two boyfriends in my life and they are both Dave. Similarly, there is also a reason that that is the same name as my dad. I don't know what it is, and it makes my nervous to speculate.
81. Like my dad, I love leftovers, but I hate leftover dessert.
82. Women who don't have women friends have women problems and I am not interested in being friends with them.
83. I love TV
84. I too feel like Hanky Panky is swanky. Something about one-size-fits-all suits me
85. Reading is my most favorite thing to do.
86. I enjoy my own company and like going to movies and dinner alone.
87. With a little coaxing, I will try almost anything
88. When cats purr and lick me, I feel like they are welcoming me as one of their own.
89. Spandex is my friend
90. I have kept a journal for years and years.
91. My drink of choice is a mojito
92. Manners are a must...for all ages, or I can't talk to you
93. When I wear a Free People top, I have the most fun
94. My favorite trip was my 21st birthday in New Orleans and I wish I could turn back time so Sheri could have been there.
95. The Beatles are my favorite
96. I lovely spicy foods
97. I only wear chapstick
98. I say fuck way too much
99. Dr. Phil and Dr. Laura make me incredibly angry. They are such poor representatives of my field.
100. I feel more connected to people who have a sister. They understand something that has no words to explain.

There it is. I have so enjoyed all of yours....


2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

This was so much much fun!! We continue to learn things about each other. Isn't that amazing!?

5. You are mine too. You have no idea how much you mean to me. I imagine a world without you and I can't breathe.
55. Me too! I never!!
68. Not true.
71. You have the best I've ever seen.
90. Didn't know this! Very cool!
100. I agree. Your sister and mine - they are our core.

Emily said...

:::sigh:::: This just made me love you even more.