Thursday, May 1, 2008

May-Day, May-Day!!!!!!

I have always had high hopes for the first day of May. I feel like it is the most fresh day of the year. It is the beginning of summer, and ask anyone in Washington, there is nothing that compares to a WA summer. Truly. I can't imagine any other place to be when the weather is warm and luxurious. In Seattle every sunny day is used to the fullest. Every Seattle-ite is beaming and soaking up every ounce of light and not taking one moment for granted. Seattle summers remind me of lakes, boats, Sea-Fair, Bumbershoot, my fan, and drive-in movies. I just love this time of year! 

When we were little, my mom used to wake Morgan and I up early to deliver flowers to the neighborhood for May Day. It was so much fun to cut rhodies and tulips and knock the door and scurry home. Sadly, my day was not full of this fun. At work I had to really be a manager today...I hate that! There was this guy who is perpetually late, asking to get off early, creepy, yet always asking for more hours. ARGH!!!! He is such a combination of contradictions that I want to scream, but I don't. Today he was on codeine during work. That's right, the drug that people are addicted to and we later see them on an episode of A&E's Intervention. I was appalled when he told me he was "kinda high." I looked at him with the most outrageous look of WTF!!!!????!!!! Why would anyone in their right mind tell their acting boss that they are "kinda high"????? Some people are just too moronic for their own good. 

Then, I had another guy who has been working there for about 3 months ask me the most ridiculous question EVER???? He confused a bedroom collection with a sheet set so when a client asked him if we had the sheet set he said no. WTF?????? It's in front of your face you big dummy!!! I mean really, how hard can it be to learn sheets and especially when you are around them 24/7 for 3 months. I was at a loss for words. Those kind of questions do not deserve an answer from me. Maybe someone else has patience with dumb-dumbs, but I sure don't. 

I'm ranting and I am trying not to. When I came home the sun was shining, I had a cute cat in my lap and some ice cream. It was a lovely treat for a day of chaos. But if you think it ends there, you are mistaken. Fluffy's teeth are hurting him and Will has taken refuge in the springs of my mattress. Yup. That's right. We have an interesting dynamic, my cats and I, Fluffy doesn't want me to play dentist with him and Will wants to play hide-and-seek. Again, ARGH!!!!!

I'm going for a May Day walk.....Thinking you Mom on this flower and sun filled day!

3 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Ahhh - it sucks to be around Dum-dums. I miss you, Precious, already - and I jsut saw you! :-)

Lori Emmerton said...

I've told everyone who will listen to me about you little darlings and delivering flowers to Ernie and Margaret. Glad to hear you loved it so much.

Jordan said...

Brandon was not a smart guy! "Uhh...that guy with the red hair was really rude to us and said you don't ship to Hawaii" "Yeah, we do ship to Hawaii". That guy needs to work at BK.