Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Generation's Old Lady River

You know your are getting older when the Hollywood stars that grew up within your age bracket are moving on from their not-so-sensible pasts and making something of themselves (Please note that the comment "making something of themselves" is used VERY loosely considering the following company). 

Exhibit A: Nicole Richie (Quickest Turn-Around in a Year Award)

Although she is in a serious need for several cheeseburgers, she is in what seems like, a stable relationships with a rather normal Madden brother. Her child is plump and healthy, which I seriously expected otherwise. She hasn't gone out and driven backwards on the freeway or been caught with her drug of choice in quite a while. She is seemingly settled for the time being. Hats off to Miss Richie and her turn-around life in 1 year!

Exhibit B: Britney Spears (Most Improved Award)

It's true, she is still a train wreck by most standards, but far better than, say, one year ago. My point exactly. Homegirl is focus at hanging with her Papa and not not committing suicide in front of an audience otherwise known as her infant children. Nonetheless, she is not as crazy, seeing her kids, not creating horrific headlines, and getting along with K-Fed. Who would have thought that he would be the responsible parent in this situation? Not me for sure!

Exhibit C: Paris Hilton (Missing the Headlines in a Good Way Award)

She still sucks the most of this bunch, but where has she been? It has been so nice not seeing her beav, or lack there of, splashed about in my extremely reliable and sophisticated news source, Us Magazine. She too is in a relatively normal relationship with a Madden. Granted, I'm pretty sure she is just pulling a 7th grade "going out" situation where you REALLY want to be just like your best friend so you date your best friends boyfriends friend or brother. You follow? Anyway, I think she wants to be Nicole and will even date her clone boyfriend. Weird.

There you have it, an overview of my generation's stars. Aren't they just pinnacles of society? Models of perfection and what every little girl should desire to be? Classy ladies right? Hmmmm, not so much. They make me feel old and uneventful. Fine by me....I'll take my MA over their vajayjay photos being in every home in America any day! 

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Nicole is my favorite. I have always liked her - from Simple Life days. I think her way of just hanging out with her sweet little family is so not what I would have expected. Three cheers for Nicole for making a nice life for herself.

Sheri Nugent said...

write something!!