Monday, April 14, 2008

Hello, Goodbye


I fear all of those who read this blog know my past years of travels, adventures, schools, etc. For those who don't, well, you are missing much. Nonetheless, on my way home from school tonight I tried to think of my theme song for this past year. My professor mentioned that for every developmental stage that one person goes through, they can pick a theme song that has directive meaning or sentimental meaning. Thus my driving thoughts focused on my theme song. Here is what I have decided suits me best: Hello, Goodbye, by who else then the ever-fabulous Beatles. I feel like I have to post the lyrics and to my excitement, and possibly your demise, explain a few observations and explanations.


You say yes, I say no

You say stop and I say go go go, oh no

You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello hello

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello


Now this first stanza reminds me of the constant debates that Dave and I had when we were deciding to move to England. Then when we finally decided to make the leap of faith, they promptly kicked my deported ass right back home, hence they said goodbye to us and we said hello to Seattle again.



I say high, you say low

You say why and I say I don't know, oh no

You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello

I don't know why you say goodbye

I say hello

Why why why why why why do you say goodbye goodbye, oh no?

You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello


Now this part seems like the odd rhetoric that I heard from all 3 schools, yes that's 3, graduate schools I was excepted into in the last year. How high could I jump for them? How many circus tricks would I have had to preform for them? Too many....



You say yes I say no

You say stop and I say go go go, oh

Oh no You say goodbye and I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

Hello hello I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello hello


This is the moving out part of the program. Moms says yes and then no, Taylor says no then yes, Dave says.....well what Dave always says, "Sure Tay, that's sounds fine by me!" (PS love him way too much) Anyway, we are finally moving in together this weekend to my beloved Queen Anne. What seems like years in the making, wait, it has been years in the making, is finally culminating!!!!



Hela heba helloa

Hela heba helloa, cha cha cha

Hela heba helloa, wooo

Hela heba helloa, hela

Hela heba helloa, cha cha cha

Hela heba helloa, wooo

Hela heba helloa, cha cah cah


And for the finale, this is what all the shit after the year will now feel like. Blah, blah blah blah. If I made it thus far in the song, these next few months will be lovely and a beautiful combination of hellos and goodbyes.


Thank you to my lovely family for making my hellos and goodbyes of this year seemingly smooth and without judgment. You have made my choices now possible and I share this final success with you. You are my life's theme song.


Now enjoy the fact that this song will be in your head for the next week. You're very welcome:)

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Oh Taylor - you are brilliant. this was an outstanding blog!!! Sheri

The Wife said...

Any song is better than the Vanessa Williams song that was in my head this morning.