Friday, April 18, 2008

Sick Day

I hate that we get sick only on a weekend or during a week that surely has an abundant amount of things that need to be accomplished. For example, this week/weekend I have to move out of my house, get prepared for my finals week in grad school, write a paper, do an insane amount of work at Resto, and of course I have some phlegmy yuck in my throat and I sound like a man. Not to mention the pounding headache that I am currently sporting. The cherry that tops this sundae is that work is giving me a hard time for calling in sick. WTF????? I am clearly sick and have several important things that must be done this weekend and apparently that is irrelevant. I don't get it. Every morning, week, month, we preach about our "Core Values" and one of them is people. I quote, "we put our people first." This peeps is not putting our people first. I let them know last night and then also called this morning. I have contacted everyone at my store and Pac Place and no one can cover my shift. I'm pretty sure that is going above and beyond. ARGHHH!!!

PS Super cool news, my long lost cousin Jordan is blogging too!!! Welcome, and where have you been all my life? Lady, we need to get together!!!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Uh, yeah Taylor I am pretty sure I need to see you, Morgan, and Aunt Lori soon! I haven't seen you all in ages, and it makes me sad!


You're still in WA right? Me and Aunt Sheri are meeting at Vince's I think...you should join.